ConstellR has acquired hyperspectral firm ScanWorld to bring world’s most comprehensive agricultural analytics service to market.
The transaction will enable us to offer actionable monitoring services across water, energy, carbon and crop health; covering the full spectrum of smart farming needs.
ConstellR’s highly precise thermal monitoring service will provide days to weeks earlier warning of crop stress at field level, using temperature as a strong indicator of plant health. With new capabilities in hyperspectral, the company can go steps further in terms of measurement accuracy.
Beyond water monitoring, the combination of the two technologies unlocks an entirely new range of new smart farming use cases including:
- Enhancing crop yield by better understanding the varying influences of stress at different growth phases
- Optimizing irrigation via access to both evapotranspiration and soil moisture measurements
- Detecting disease through changes in leaf and cell structure and photosynthetic activity
- Optimizing fertilization practices through a more detailed look at the relation between growth phase, root water uptake and nitrate supply
- Monitoring of soil quality to support agricultural carbon farming and sequestration practices at scale.
We are currently looking for pilot partners interested in trialing ConstellR’s thermal infrared datasets. Please get in touch if you would like to learn more.
For more details about the acquisition, please see our press release.